Sherwinators European Vacation

European Vacation

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Tomato Diaries










As you can see the little tommies are flourishing! They have been transplanted into the 'real world' garden and are loving it. I have included the paparazzi photo of Paul tending to his beloved :) With the risk of sounding a bit cheesy, I thought I would share with you something Paul said to me the other day that he was reminded of whilst tending to the tomato vines and eagerly waiting for them to bear fruit.
And that is this:

"Remain in me and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.....This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples".
~ John 15:4-5, 8

Which has brought us to ask ourselves, 'are we (I) bearing fruit and if not, why??'

So, who would have thought that these little tommies (or tommies to be...hopefully) would prompt some theological thinking!

We pray that even though we are far from home and far from 'normal' situations, that we would bear fruit and fruit that will last.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home